If you have a WordPress website, blog, or you just going to create one, remember to install plugins. Plugin provides a specific functionality to your website. It is additional feature like pop-up window, google analytics, SEO tool and so on.
One of the must-have plugins for WordPress is Short.cm . When you set up WP-Short.cm plugin, you will see that it automatically creates short branded links for all WordPress website pages and articles.
How to use Short.cm short branded links in blog?
1. Post Bottom position
2. WordPress post edit admin panel
This function helps you to edit a new short branded link. You will find this feature in WordPress settings.
3. Social sharing options
With one click, you may spread a short branded link to social networks. It is much easier than copy-paste it each time.
WP-Short.cm plugin configuring
Installing WP-Short.cm on your WordPress website is a simple procedure but which has minor specialties. Let’s take a look at the instruction below.
Wordpress.com allows to add plugins only with a business price plan. We may easily avoid this. For adding plugins and themes free of charge, you should change Wordpress.com to Wordpress.org.
- Go to nameofsite.wordpress.com/wp-admin. It is an admin panel, which displays all necessary website data. Click on Tools – Export.
- The next step is to opt for Start export in a free version.
- Then choose to export all content and download the file on the computer. The file is .xml format.
- The next step is to install WordPress using one of the web hosting, which provides WordPress downloading: Bluehost, HostGator and so on.
- When the WP is installed, import an .xml file.
Tools – Import – WordPress – Browse file – Upload file and import.
**By the email you will be notified that the import is finished. **
After that, you may easily add plugins and themes to your website.
- From the Dashboard, opt for Plugins then click on Add.
- Search WP Short.cm in a search line.
- Select Install – OK and ultimately Activate Plugin.
- This will return you to the WordPress Plugins page. Find WP Short.cm in the list and click the Settings link to configure.
- Enter your API key and that’s all. You will find your API key in a Short.cm account, Integration and API.
WordPress Short.cm Plugin is what let you get more traffic, more customers, and more security. With plugins, you make WordPress website much more powerful than it is.