How to Automatically Create Short Links for WordPress
When you set up WP-Short.cm Plugin, you will automatically get short branded links for WordPress website pages and published articles.
Installing WP-Short.cm on your WordPress website is a simple procedure but which has minor specialties. Let’s take a look at the instruction below.
Wordpress.com allows adding plugins only on a business price plan. We may easily avoid this. If you have a free plan, continue reading. If your price plan is business, jump to "How to add the Short.cm plugin" section.
For adding plugins and themes for free, you need to change Wordpress.com to Wordpress.org.
- Go to nameofsite.wordpress.com/wp-admin. It is an admin panel, which displays all necessary website data. Click on Tools – Export.
- The next step is to opt for Start export in a free version.
- Then choose to export all content and download the file on the computer. The file is the .xml format.
The next step is to install WordPress using one of the web hosting, which provides WordPress downloading: Bluehost, HostGator.
When the WP is installed, import a .xml file.
Tools – Import – WordPress – Browse file – Upload file and import.
How to Add the Short.cm Plugin
From the Dashboard, opt for Plugins then click on Add.
Search for WP Short.cm in a search line.
Select Install – OK and ultimately Activate Plugin.
This will return you to the WordPress Plugins page. Find WP Short.cm in the list and click the Settings link to configure.
Enter your API key, and that’s all. You will find your API key in a Short.cm account, Integration, and API.
You will easily add a Short.cm Plugin after watching the video instruction below.
The article is about:
- Short.cm plugin for WordPress.
- How to install Short.cm Plugin.
- Tutorial for WP Plugin.