General Subdomain Setup Guide | Short.cm
You do not need to register a new domain name for shortening links if you own one that works properly. Create a subdomain, using a domain you already have.
Important: You can't add a domain of your existing website to Short.cm for shortening links. This will disrupt the work of your site. Add a subdomain to the website domain and shorten links with it. The advantages are cost-saving, brand recognition and properly working website.
In case you didn't find a guide specially for your domain registrar, follow the general instruction below to configure a subdomain for shortening links.
Go to your domain registrar.
Choose a necessary domain.
Open DNS settings.
Add two records:
a) A-record, "yoursubdomain" host, 188.8.131.52 value (Short.cm IP).
b) A-record, "yoursubdomain" host, 184.108.40.206 value (Short.cm IP).
Go to Short.cm account. Click on "Add new domain".
- Add a new subdomain+domain name. For example, "link.brand.org".
- Scroll down and click on "Add a domain".
- Domain activation takes a few hours. When a domain is active, you will be notified by the email.
A step-by-step video guide helps you with subdomain cinfiguration.
The article is about:
- Subdomain setup instruction.
- How to add a subdomain to Short.cm.
- The website domain.
- Use a subdomain to shorten links.