Turn Quora into a Traffic Generator
What do we know about Quora? It's an international service for asking and answering questions. The questions are related to various topics. When first registering on Quora, choose the topics you are most interested in. After that, your newsfeed will contain the answers and questions, taking into consideration your specified interests.
Today, on the Short.cm blog, we'll figure out why you shouldn't underestimate Quora and how to start using the world's largest Q&A service to benefit your business.
Why do you Need Quora
According to Quantcast, monthly visits to Quora amount to 775,000 in the United States only.
Quora helps increase brand awareness and trust, as well as attract the target audience to your website. Quora works great on building a brand: the multiple references of the company increase the brand awareness, and the high-quality answers,brand trustworthiness.
The algorithm for promoting a Quora account (and simultaneously, your website) is answering other users' questions, thus showing people your proficiency.
Which Questions to Choose
Instead of considering Quora a bunch of sources for publishing working materials, subscribe to categories that you are interested in: technologies, travel, computer games, marketing. Your profile will look natural. When users visit, they'll see a person with a diversity of interests, not a machine for writing the answers.
More tips for finding a needed question:
- Remember to subscribe to all categories that are relevant to your industry to see the pertinent questions of the newsfeed.
- Find questions that are already popular. Keep tracking the new questions in the topics, and try to be the first who answers them.
- Search for the keywords to subscribe to more related categories with a target audience.
What the Perfect Answer Looks Like
The most popular and favorite answers on Quora are those that give statistics, sources, and links. A perfect answer is a short answer, providing a link to an external source for more detailed information.
Other tips for a perfect answer include:
- Personal story. People trust solutions that refer to personal experience. Use phrases like "I remember how ...", "in my past project ...", "when I was ..."
- Don't use "we," "our team," or "our company" in the answer.
- Use a readable text format. Use paragraphs, bullets, and numbered lists, and bold, or italicize essential facts.
What about Links
As soon as you have written your short and valuable answer, add a link to a quality source that confirms or reveals what was said. It is especially useful to leave a link to your blog or website if materials are covering the topic.
Use only one or two links so as not to be considered a spammer.
If you use two links, the first must lead to your site. Add links without calls to action like "Click here to download a free version."
By using short links in your answers, you can track the detailed statistics on a URL shortener. Quora has the statistics, but shorteners let you track the metrics that are not provided on Quora.
If you use Quora correctly, people will vote for your answers, follow your questions or invite you to answer. You may get credits on Quora to promote your questions, answers, and posts so that more people see them.
What did you learn?
- quora marketing service;
- quora marketing strategy;
- questions and answers websites;
- how to promote quora account;