Tracking offline marketing campaigns
The online marketing has come out on top for the last years. Usually it is easier to track and to implement the information in the Internet than in the billboard. However, there are plenty of offline marketing ways which help to build a recognizable brand.
Note: the successful brands combine the advantages of online and offline marketing. Such companies occupy users from both external and internal sides of the world.
The main traditional marketing problem is that it can be difficult to check the advertisement effectiveness. Thus let’s take a look on the offline marketing ways for successful tracking.
1. Use short branded links.
The marketing materials are created for promoting the brand and tracking the success of the ad. In the offline marketing you don’t have enough space to print all the information about your brand. It is where short branded links come you in handy. Create marketing ads with vanity links to grab customers attention. You can redirect users to any web-page you need with the help of the visible, memorable and easy to apply link. Usually companies redirect users to the website’s landing page to give customers a chance to browse the site.
Thanks to the fact that link is memorable users can quickly enter it in their browser address bar and be taken to your website. After being redirected to the web-page with the short link – a new click will be displayed in the statistics data of the short URL. This gives you a chance to observe the link success. If you use Short.cm you can measure not just the number of clicks but also the time of a click, browser, and location of the click maker. The detailed information helps to carry out the profound insights of the offline marketing campaigns success.
Where to use short branded links in the offline marketing?
The list is endless, but pay attention to spread ones:
- Business cards. This way is the easiest and the cheapest form of promoting your website. Distribute business cards whenever you can: pass them to the neighbors and colleagues, pin cards on the public boards, leave cards in cafes.
- Printed material: billboards, signages, leaflets and so on. Make sure printed publications are situated in public places such as bus stops, shopping malls, underground. In such a way many people will face your ads and follow a short branded link.
- Speak at the events. One more advantage of the short link is that it is easy to pronounce. Thus, prepare a speech using a short link and take part in the event as a speaker. If you don’t have good speaking skills, visit events for building new professional contacts.
- Mass-media. Press releases are a simple way to claim about your business.
2. Use QR-codes.
QR-codes simplify the way of following your short branded link. Create QR-codes for each offline advertisement. Just with the help of one QR-code scanning program users can be redirected to your website. If you’ve decided to implement a QR code in your offline marketing campaign, you can create this code for a short URL in Short.cm. This will allow you to track how often it is scanned.
READ ALSO: http://shortcm.xyz/qr-code
3. Include UTM-tags in your URLs.
With UTM-parameters tracking a link success is even easier. UTM parameters are a short code which you attach to the long link. They are useful for those who want to track from where traffic comes. In such a way the conversion success of the marketing campaign can be measured in Google Analytics.
READ ALSO: http://shortcm.xyz/UTM-tags
Remember to turn a long URL with UTM-tags into a short branded one before using in offline marketing.
Combine strategies and track the ads success to understand which promotional method is the most profitable for you.