"Password Protection" is a free Short.cm feature you can use to limit the users who want to have access to your website.
Why do you need password protection?
The usage of password protection depends on the website's aims. We gathered the most common ones. However, use a password for any reason you wish.
1. Blog. Sharing personal thoughts is private. Therefore, you may show your blog only to close friends.
2. Private files. Photos, videos, and documents need to be secure while sharing.
3. Unfinished website. While creating a website, you may need to consult with developers. To ensure that no users can view the unfinished site, protect it with a password. Share the password only with advisors.
4. A website for a particular segment of users. For example, let's say you're working on a project with just two other businesses. Share a password with the people who are members of the intended audience.
How does password protection work?
After you share a short protected link with users, they have to enter the correct password to reach the content. Otherwise, they face an error message: “The password is incorrect.”
Note: If your visitors have an issue entering the correct password, you can allow them to contact you via the email address you use with Short.cm.
How to customize password protection?
- Open the Short.cm dashboard.
- Choose the “Password Protection” tab in the "Link Management" window.
- Write down the secure password for your short URL.
The "Password Protection" feature prevents outsiders and hackers from accessing private information. Therefore, share your password only with trusted people to ensure that your content will be protected reliably.
Watch the video guide below to set up a password for your short link easily.