The Same Domain For Website and Shortening Links | Short.cm Tutorial
The standard process to begin shortening links is based on buying and activating a domain. The typical rule holds that a domain has to be custom to increase brand trustworthiness and recognition.
However, what if you don’t want to change the website domain because customers are used to it?
To use the same domain both for the website and for shortening URLs, Short.cm has created a “JS-only redirect” feature. You can safely use your existing website domain to shorten the links. You don’t need to spend your time on DNS configuration. Furthermore, you won’t have customer outflow since the domain is not new to them.
How to customize?
- Go to the “Domain settings” tab in the “Account settings” field.
- Select the checkbox next to “JS-only redirect.”
- The necessary code will appear on the bottom of the page in the “Domain status” field.
- Copy the code, and paste it to all HTML pages.
- Remember to save your settings.
For quick customization, watch the video guide below. The video describes the first, the second, and the third steps.
In case of obstacles, feel free to contact Short.cm support.