How to Run an A/B Test on Short.cm
A/B testing is a method used to evaluate the success of web pages. A/B tests let increase the conversion of landing pages, select a better title, improve the content of the e-mail, and increase sales. All that is thanks to the analysis of which page brings better results.
The A/B testing method evaluates the performance of two variants of a web page, as well as compares them with each other. Split testing also helps to assess the effectiveness of page changes, for example, after adding new design elements or calls to action. The purpose of using this method is to identify and implement components that increase the page's effectiveness.
Why do you need split testing?
Imagine that you've launched an e-shop. The conversion rate of the landing page is 10%, but you want to increase it up to 15%. Thinking about which improvement to implement, you decided to change the position of a CTA button to make it more noticeable. However, you can't change the button, as it's just your gut feeling and you can't know whether users will like improvements or not. To approve or cancel the hypothesis, create a test variant of the landing page with the new position of the button.
A/B Testing allows you to:
- learn how new components on the page influence users' behavior;
- concentrate financial resources on elements that are already working for your audience;
- improve the conversion of financial metrics (revenue).
How A/B testing works
Before launching an A/B test, you create a hypothesis, which allows you to make the correct conclusion. First, it is worth testing hypotheses based on the analysis of the heat map of clicks on a scrolling map, hypotheses about buttons, headers, images, and forms. After investigating, implement the second version of the page and launch an A/B test.
The mechanism of A/B tests is quite simple. Visitors are divided 50/50, as 50% of visitors are redirected to the original URL and another 50% to the variation URL. The average period for testing is 14 days. However, it may very depending on the test results. If you see that the variation page outpaces the original one in 3 days, to continue the A/B testing makes no sense.
Which service can you use for launching A/B Tests?
Short.cm provides users with a feature to create A/B tests. Now you can test which version of a web page performs better. When clicking a short link, half of the users see the original page, the second half — the variation page.
The advantages of using Short.cm for split testing are:
- It is a short link, which users click to be redirected to. That means you can conduct tests on the platforms where the characters are limited: SMS, social media.
- Together with A/B testing, you can use other Short.cm features to strengthen the power of a short URL.
- You just need to point it to a variation URL, as the original link is set by default after shortening.
The article is about:
- How to create an A/B test on Short.cm.
- Short.cm helps to conduct tests on web pages.
- Conduct the tests on Short.cm to redirect users to variation and original page.